Sustainable water management is critical in modern mining operations in Peru and South America. The exceptional natural and cultural diversity of the Andean region, that ensures the challenges and approaches to managing water on one mine can be extremely different to another, is mirrored by the diversity of experience of the water and tailings management consultants at ATC Williams.
ATC Williams are specialists in:-
- Geotechnical engineering,
- Tailings and mine waste storage engineering,
- Rheology and slurry engineering,
- Tailings transportation system design, and
- Water engineering.
Having completed over 500 water and tailings projects around the world is something of a milestone our team is very proud of. As are a few of our recent achievements, such as two excellent and very different examples of site conditions, tailings dewatering, tailings transportation and storage approaches:
- Detailed redesign and construction support services provided to Glencore and MMG at Las Bambas for the down valley discharge tailings storage facility and transportation system, and
- Detailed engineering services of tailings transportation and distribution systems and thickened tailings stacks for Codelco’s Chuqicamata project in the Atacama desert
We opened an office recently in Lima. Our Peru manager, Aaron Beckett, would be pleased to discuss any of your planning, design, construction support, performance management and closure projects. For further information please contact Aaron on +51 991067466 or via email at AaronB@atcwilliams.com. For meetings, Aaron will be in Santiago next week for Expomin (25 to 29 April) and is otherwise based in Lima.
We look forward to hearing from you.
ATC Williams (Perú) S.A.C.