Eloise Copper Mine, Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia
FMR Investments Pty Ltd
2013 - Ongoing
The Eloise Copper Mine, located approximately 60 km south-east of Cloncurry in north-west Queensland, is operated by FMR as an underground mine operation. The site currently comprises a portal decline, developed to access the copper ore body, as well as Tailings Dams (TD1, TD2, TD3 and TD4), Process Plant, Concentrated Pad, ROM Pad, Waste Pad and Site Water Ponds.
The development and operation of the TSF on the Eloise site is subject to Environmental Authority (EA). Based on the EA, Tailings Dams 1, 2, 3 and 4 are regulated structures with a high consequence category and subject to design and reporting requirements as well as an annual dam safety review.
The current production rate is some 660,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) with processing using a two stage, conventional flotation circuit. It was outlined that additional tailings storage is required prior to the end of mine life to provide adequate freeboard capacity within TD3 and TD4.
To comply with the EA requirements, the design and construction of TD3 and TD4 raise development including an upstream lift to the TD3 and TD4 embankments, foundation preparation, emergency spillway, decant structure and seepage collection trench, were carried out.
We were responsible for the options assessment study, geotechnical investigation, detailed design, construction assistance and certification for TD3 and TD4, water management plan and annual dam safety review for site regulated structures.
Construction of the TD3 and TD4 to the current configuration occurred in a number of stages with the recent TD3 and TD4 raise construction works completed in September 2015.
After completion of the project, the FMR Processing Plant Manager was pleased with our professional engineering service provided during the design and construction stages, the quality of the final reports and certifications completed promptly within time and budget.
- Wolfram Camp Mining Pty Ltd, Wolfram Camp Mine, Dimbulah, Queensland, Australia
- Evolution Mining Ltd, Mt Rawdon Gold Mine, Mt Perry, South East Queensland, Australia
- Department of Primary Industries, Benambra Mine, Benambra, Victoria, Australia
- Anglo American PLC, Lisheen Mine, Templemore, Tipperary, Ireland
- Codelco, Andina Mine, Santiago, Chile
- Peak Gold Mines Pty Ltd, Peak Gold Mine, Cobar, Central Western New South Wales, Australia
- Boliden Minerals, Aitik, Gällivare, Northern Sweden
- Evolution Mining Ltd, Pajingo Gold Mine, Charters Towers, Northern Queensland, Australia
For further information please contact:
Charles Vuillier on 0435087562 or via email at email@example.com