Pajingo Gold Mine, Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
Evolution Mining Ltd
2012 - Ongoing
Pajingo Mine is located some 50 km south of Charters Towers in northern Queensland. The Pajingo mine has been operated as both an open cut and underground development. Underground mining is carried out by long hole open stoping, hauling to the surface via the decline. The recovered ore is processed on site by a crush-grind carbon-in-pulp (CIP) process with the capacity to accommodate up to 650,000 tonnes per annum (tpa). The current mining rate is some 450,000 tpa.
Tailings containment at site comprises the TSF, Janet A Pit and Scott Lode Pit (SLP). The TSF is a turkey’s nest storage developed over seven stages with a maximum height of 26 m above ground level.
As part of the ongoing operations and subject to the LoM Tailings Deposition Plan, the engineering design and construction consisted of the TSF embankment raise (stages 7 and 8) and Janet A and SLP In-Pit TSFs to provide sufficient tailings storage and freeboard capacity for the LoM and to facilitate compliance with relevant conditions of the Environmental Authority (EA) Permit.
We have been engaged to provide engineering services throughout the Pajingo development and operation including site water management plan, environmental evaluation, LoM options assessment, TSF Raise development, seepage management system, construction assistance and certification, In-Pit tailings disposal, operational plan, closure strategy and annual dam safety review for Pajingo regulated dams.
- Wolfram Camp Mining Pty Ltd, Wolfram Camp Mine, Dimbulah, Queensland, Australia
- Evolution Mining Ltd, Mt Rawdon Gold Mine, Mt Perry, South East Queensland, Australia
- Department of Primary Industries, Benambra Mine, Benambra, Victoria, Australia
- Anglo American PLC, Lisheen Mine, Templemore, Tipperary, Ireland
- Codelco, Andina Mine, Santiago, Chile
- Peak Gold Mines Pty Ltd, Peak Gold Mine, Cobar, Central Western New South Wales, Australia
- Boliden Minerals, Aitik, Gällivare, Northern Sweden
- FMR Investments Pty Ltd, Eloise Copper Mine, Cloncurry, North West Queensland, Australia
For further information please contact:
Charles Vuillier on 0435087562 or via email at email@example.com