Feasibility and Desk Studies
- Desk Studies
- Site Walkovers
- Geomorphological and Geological Mapping
- Alignment Corridor Surveys
- Geotechnical Investigation
- Insitu Testing
- Geological and Geotechnical Modelling
- Material Characterisation
- Laboratory Testing
- Temporary and Permanent Excavation Support
- Foundation Design
- Soil and Rock Slope Stability
- Buried Infrastructure
- Pavement Design and Rehabilitation
- Water Retaining Structures
- Landslide Risk Assessments
- Ground Improvement
- Seismic Hazard Assessments
- Liquefaction Assessments
- Construction Supervision
- QA/QC / Geotechnical Inspection & Testing Authority
- Contract Drawings and Specification
- Client’s Representative
- Tenderer Evaluation
- Instrumentation Specification
- Instrumentation Monitoring
Where others see obstacles and questions, we see challenges and strive to provide solutions.
At ATC Williams we provide geotechnical solutions to the public and private sectors in building, transportation, infrastructure, mining, waste, and water industries. As well as supporting our in-house Tailings Management, Water Management, and Waste Management Groups.
We provide services, ranging from the strategic level, through pre-investigation planning, investigation and design to construction phase support services on site. Our geotechnical services consists of several distinct steps:
- Feasibility and desk studies
- Site investigation
- Engineering design
- Construction assistance
*See above illustration for further detail of each stage.
Our investigation services include site walkovers and geological mapping for concept design and investigation planning, project specific feasibility level geotechnical investigations to understand the site and potential issues, and targeted detail design specific investigations to provide our clients with realistic design parameters and peace of mind when going to tender. The investigation work is backed up by ATC Williams’ NATA accredited laboratory services.
Our design services cover a wide range of geotechnical fields, including water retaining structure design and audit, foundation and retaining structure design, pavement engineering, soil and rock slope stability, landslide risk assessments, ground / soft soil improvement, liquefaction assessments, and seismic hazard assessments.
From the initial site assessment to as-constructed report, at ATC Williams we’ll provide a solid foundation for your project.
*See above illustration for further detail of each stage
- Iluka Resources, WRP Mineral Sands Mine, Ouyen, North West Victoria, Australia
- Kappes, Cassidy and Associates, Beyinhar Gold Mine, Mongolia China
- Bachy Pty Ltd, Wharf 9, King Street Wharf Precinct, Sydney, Australia
- Levee Assessment, Victoria - Bete Bolong (Near Orbost), Robinvale, Tyntynder Flats (Near Swan Hill), Kerang, Cobram and Wangaratta in Australia
- Patterson Architects and WA Dept. Housing and Works, Gosnells Quarry Stabilisation, Gosnells, Western Australia, Australia